- Safety Cables for hose
Contracor® blast hose Whipcheck Safety Cables are used at all blast hoses for the safe holding of coupled connections in case of accidental separation. The Whipcheck Safety Cables relieve the couplings of the weight of the hose and reduce the danger caused by hose couplings failure. The Cables also help keeping the blast hose from whipping about in the event of a coupling failure.
Hose couplings may separate from air and blast hoses for a variety of reasons:
- Coupling screws may lose their holding power due to internal wear on the hose tubing
- Use of improper coupling screws may interfere with the proper fit between couplings and hose
- Hose outer diameter may be too small for the coupling
- The continual strain caused by pulling hoses around job sites can weaken the coupling’s grip on the hose
- Couplings can also have been damaged by vehicles or other equipment.
Whipcheck Safety Cables are strongly recommended by vertical applications, when air and blast hoses are suspended. Hose couplings are not designed to support the weight of the hose. Additional supports are required to relieve the added tension.
Constructed of corrosion resistant, high strength steel, Whipcheck Safety Cables may be installed on hose-to-hose and hose-to-fixed coupling connections.
|10112321||Safety Cables up to 1” I.D.|
|10112322||Safety Cables 1.1/4” – 3” I.D.|